0 0
Read Time:2 Minute, 7 Second

Lewis Hamilton’s future was unresolved on Tuesday night as conflicting views continue to swirl over the fate of race director Michael Masi, the Australian who oversaw the controversial last lap of the 2021 decider.

The dramatic Abu Dhabi race – and undoubtedly Masi’s survival – was discussed in a one-hour meeting on Tuesday between Muhammed Ben Sulayem, the new president of motor racing’s governing FIA, the body investigating the furore, and Formula One chief executive Stefano Domenicali.
Neither side was forthcoming about the wide-ranging talks held at Formula One’s HQ in London but they are understood to have been friendly and productive.

 

 

 

Hamilton, 37, has maintained radio silence since the contentious events in the Middle East last month, and on Tuesday Mercedes were unable to confirm whether their star driver would be attending the team’s car launch on February 18.

 

 

 

The Masi question remains central, with some leading figures believing he can stay in post in a revamped structure, with an experienced support team around him. Certainly, it seems certain that he – or whoever might take over – will be spared in-race radio bombardment from the pit wall.

 

 

 

Others feel Masi’s exit is required to save the sport’s reputation.
The FIA last week issued a timeline for their investigation, saying their findings will be presented to the World Motor Sport Council on March 18, ludicrously just two days before the opening round of the new season in Bahrain.

 

 

 

Surely, the main issues needing resolving way before then.
Zak Brown, chief executive of Hamilton’s former team McLaren, said: ‘I wouldn’t be shocked if Lewis stopped, but on balance I think he’ll be back. He’s racer at the top of his game and I doubt he is ready to hang up his helmet.’

 

 

 

Hamilton, 37, has maintained radio silence since the contentious events in the Middle East last month, and on Tuesday Mercedes were unable to confirm whether their star driver would be attending the team’s car launch on February 18.
The Masi question remains central, with some leading figures believing he can stay in post within a revamped structure. Others feel Masi’s exit is required to save the sport’s reputation.

Zak Brown, chief executive of Hamilton’s former team McLaren, said: ‘I wouldn’t be shocked if Lewis stopped, but I think he’ll be back. He’s at the top of his game. I doubt he is ready to hang up his helmet.’

Happy
Happy
7 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleepy
Sleepy
0 %
Angry
Angry
93 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %

1 COMMENT

  1. This is a joke! It’s pretty simple to most folks. GET RID OF MASI! He started the whole pantomime which was obviously wrong and to wait another 2 MONTHS for these clowns to come to a verdict is beyond comprehension! Very disappointing to say the least. If Sir Lewis does not race in the coming season I’m afraid that’s the end of it for me! F1 can stick it as far up it’s exhaust pipe as it will go. I’m done!

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here